8. ožujka 2021. godine – organizirani su online susreti diljem svijeta (March 8th, 2021- Women in Data Science (WiDS) Worldwide Initiative)
Regionalni susreti: Women in Data Science (WiDS) Regional Event Around the World to be held on March 8th, 2021:
Za Hrvatsku se preporučuje: WiDS Central & Eastern Europe, March 8th, 2021, Budapest, Hungary, March 8th, 2021
“Join us on March 8, 2021, for the 24-hour virtual Women in Data Science (WiDS) Worldwide conference. We’ll follow the sun around the world, bringing you speakers from around the world on International Women’s Day.”
All are welcome! Early bird registration ends on February 19th.
ONLINE EVENT AROUND THE GLOBE: https://www.widsconference.org/regional-events-2021.html
2021. – MEĐUNARODNA GODINA ŽENE U STATISTICI I PODATKOVNOJ ZNANOSTI slavi se tijekom cijele godine u Međunarodnom statističkom institutu (ISI)
(INTERNATIONAL YEAR OF WOMEN IN STATISTICS AND DATA SCIENCE – IYWSDS)
- The International Year of Women in Statistics and Data Science (#IYWSDS) from May 2020 through July 2021. ISI je proslavu održao: 12.05.2020. uz komemoraciju 200-te obljetnice rođenja Florence Nightingale (Celebrate the International Year of Women in Statistics and Data Science (#IYWSDS): Watch various talks about Florence Nightingale, the IYWSDS, the ISI & the ISI WSC 2021)
- Pet prezentacija: WSC 2021 website. More>>
Florence Nightingale (12.05.1820. – 13.08.1910.) je bila britanska socijalna reformatorica i statističarka, utemeljiteljica modernog sestrinstva i njege. Bila je istaknuta dok je služila kao menadžer i trener medicinskih sestara tijekom Krimskog rata, u kojem je organizirala brigu o ranjenim vojnicima. Godine 1860., Nightingale je postavila temelje profesionalne medicinske njege osnivanjem svoje medicinske škole u bolnici St Thomas u Londonu. To je bila prva sekularna medicinska škola na svijetu i sada je dio King’s College London. U svom životu, Nightingale je objavila rad koji se bavi širenjem medicinskog znanja. Bila je pionir u razvoju statističke grafike vizualno predstavljati podatke i razvijene dijagrame pod nazivom coxcombs i koristi ih za ilustraciju raznih uzroka smrti tijekom Krimskog rata.
- Predavanje: Special Celebration Event for the 200th Anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s Birthday (November 18th 2020): Special Keynote Speaker, Dr. Noel-Ann Bradshaw on Florence Nightingale – Recording – (Organizer: Caucus for Women in Statistics.
- The statistical thinking and ideas of Florence Nightingale and Victorian politicians by M. Eileen Magnello, Radical Statistics, Issue 102.
- Significance: Special Issue on Florence Nightingale – Volume 17, issue 2, April 2020.
- The Lady with the Lamp – Stats+Stories episode 139 with Lynn MacDonald, 14 May 2020.
- A tribute to Florence Nightingale through fascinating objects by Andrew Preston, Daily Mail Online, 16 May 2020.
- Women Trailblazers in the Statistical Profession by Lynne Billard & Katherine Wallman, International Statistical Review, June 2020.
Zagreb, 2020. godine:
Women in Data Science Croatia in Zagreb 2020: WiDS 2020 Zagreb, 04-05 March 2020: https://www.widszagreb.org/
(About Women in data Science (Stanford University): https://www.widsconference.org/)
FOTOGRAFIJE: Članice HSD, 3, konferencija WiDS, 05.03.2020., Zagreb
Livestream: WiDS Zagreb 2020 konferencija (Women in Data Science at Stanford)
Istraživanja, analize, kvizovi, mediji, znanstveni članci
– ISI WSC 2019, 18-22 Aug. 2019, Kuala Lumpur, Malezija: WOMEN in statistics and data science – leading vital developments. ISI WSC 2019 is pleased to announce for the FIRST TIME at this year’s statistics congress, 5 top Associations’ presidents will be presenting papers in Kuala Lumpur.
– FINANCE & DEVELOPMENT, MARCH 2019, 56, NO. 1: Christine Lagarde (managing director of the IMF): A Global Imperative: Empowering women is critical for the world’s economy and people
– AMSTAT NEWS Celebrating Women in Statistics (01.03.2019)
-Eurostat (CBS): The life of women and men in Europe – a statistical portrait
-Harvard Business Review & HBS Working Knowledge
—- Gender-Diverse Companies Thrive Only Where Diversity is Embraced
—- Research: Are Women Better at Leading Diverse Countries than Men
—- Researchers Prove C-Suite Gender Gap—but Can’t Explain It
—- Gender and Competition: What Companies Need to Know
—- Simple Ways to Take Gender Bias Out of Your Job Ads
—- Women Receive Harsher Punishment at Work Than Men
—- Why Employers Favor Men
—- Which Types of Companies are Adding Women to Their Boards, and Which Aren’t
—- Research: When Boards Broaden Their Definition of Diversity, Women and People of Color Lose Out
—- How Women of Color Get to Senior Management
Iz svjetskih udruga /organizacija:
–2020 – CWS: November 18th Lunch & Learn: Special Keynote Speaker, Dr. Noel-Ann Bradshaw on Florence Nightingale – Recording – Caucus for Women in Statistics
–2019 – RSS SIG: Women in data science and statistics: We are delighted to announce the formation of the Royal Statistical Society’s (UK), newest special interest group (SIG): “Women in data science and statistics”. It was launched on 8th March 2019, International Women’s Day at an event focusing on Women in Statistics: past, present and future. (08.03.2019.)
–2018 –Caucus on Women in Statistics (CWS) activities (https://cwstat.org/):
— Florence Nightingale: “Statistics is the most important science in the whole world: for upon it depends the practical application of every other science and of every art: the one science essential to all political and social administration, all education, all organization based on experience, for it only gives results of our experience.” Watch this performance of a biographical tribute song to learn more about Florence Nightingale. Written and performed by Professor Dr. L. Lesser, Dept.of Math. Sci., Univ. of Texas, El Paso, USA.
— Women in Leadership: https://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/topics/women-leadership
— Caucus on Women in Statistics (CWS) has announced Amanda L. Golbeck: Statistics Association Presidents Establish the Elizabeth L. Scott & F.N. David Lectureships (PDF)
–2018 – International Statistical Institute Committee on Women in Statistics (CW-ISI)
Women in Data Science (WiDS) Regional ONLINE Event: WiDS Central & Eastern Europe, March 8th, 2021, Budapest, Hungary, March 8th, 2021.
WORLD STATISTICS CONGRESS: The next WSC will be virtual from The Hague from 11–16 July 2021.
WSDS – ASA Women in Statistics and Data Science Conference on October 1–3, 2020, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!
– Women in Data Science Conference Croatia Osijek, March 8, 2019.
(This 2nd WiDS Conference in Croatia is related to: The 2nd Annual Women in Data Science (WiDS) Datathon Conference, March 4, 2019 – WiDS held at Stanford University, at 150+ regional events hosted by WiDS Ambassadors, and available via livestream. (Website: https://www.widsconference.org/). SPEAKERS at the WiDS Croatia, who have been members of Croatian Statistical Association, are: Professor Mirta Benšić, PhD and Professor Marijana Zekić Sušac, PhD. Link: http://www.osijek031.com/osijek.php?najava_id=76270; Photo Gallery: http://www.osijek031.com/osijek.php?topic_id=76755
– Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference, March 4, 2019 – WiDS will be held at Stanford University, USA, at 150+ regional events hosted by WiDS Ambassadors, and available via livestream. The 2019 program will include array of topics ranging from data ethics and privacy to cybersecurity to data visualization, and more. https://www.widsconference.org/
– Women in Statistics and Data Science (WSDS 2019 ), Bellevue, Washington, October 3–5, 2019, organized by American Statistical Association – http://ww2.amstat.org/meetings/wsds/2019/
– Women in Data Science and Mathematics (WiSDM) 2019, Jul 29 – Aug 2, 2019 – WiSDM 2019 is a research collaboration workshop targeted toward women working in data science and mathematics. This program will bring together women at all stages of their careers, from graduate students to senior researchers, to collaborate on problems in data science). The Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERIM); 121 South Main Street, 11th Floor, Providence, RI 02912, USA). Link: https://icerm.brown.edu/topical_workshops/tw19-5-wisdm/
**Pološki Vokić N., Obadić A., Sinčić Ćorić D. (2019). Gender Equality in the Workplace, Palgrave Pivot, Cham.
**Amanda L. Golbeck (2017). Equivalence: Elizabeth L. Scott at Berkeley – CRC Press Book
**Amanda L. Golbeck, Ingram Olkin, Yulia R. Gel (Eds.) (2015) Leadership and Women in Statistics – CRC Press Book
NAPOMENA: Stavovi i mišljenja izražena na ovoj stranici nisu službeno mišljenje Hrvatskog statističkog društva ili urednice ove stranice.
Uređuje: K. Dumičić